I love guitars. I have three of them, a Hagstrom, a Harmony and an Epiphone I've been using alot lately. Even though this project is rather avantgarde, I like alot of music
Some of my favorite guitar albums:
- CAN "Tago Mago". It's a great album in general, but listen to those guitars... Every track has great, intricate guitar work.
- Public Image Ltd. "Metal Box". Keith Levene might be one of the most underrated guitar players ever, he manages to keep the sounds fresh over the course of a long album. There have been alot of imitators since then, but no one seems to be in the same league as Keith.
- Captain Beefheart and his Magic Band "Safe as Milk". Damn, bluesy-rockin-noodly guitar that's heavy on the treble mostly but still manages to utilize some really tasteful fuzz.
- Television "Marquee Moon". This one's obvious too, but it's hard not to listen to that title song and enjoy one of the best guitar players of the punk era.
- Spacemen 3 "The Perfect Prescription" There's alot of great guitar on this album, but that "lead" on "Call the Doctor" is a great sublime example of guitar.
- Black Sabbath "Black Sabbath Vol4" Really, any of their first five albums could be on here, this is just the one I've liked so much the past couple of years.
- Jesus and Mary Chain "Psychocandy" They did the whole fuzzy thing so well, it's a wonder to think so many have tried to do it since...
- Landing "Oceanless" Possibly the album that has the most to do with this project, the endless guitar sound of this band is something I've listened to countless times.