Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Oddly

So even though I've been talking about it for over a year, the upcoming CD, now entitled Further On, is finally being mastered for a release on Stickfigure.

Crazy. I don't think I ever would have guessed when I started working on it in late 2007, that it ever would have been such a long road... Three bands came and went, I moved twice, and something in the manner of five other Warning Light releases were recorded in between work on this one record.

Even though the record itself is a kind of fable about the end of human civilization, it also encompasses all the other little things that happened along the way. I dunno if I could have written "Nights on the Vacant Sphere" without visiting NYC for the first time and staying up every night staring at the city below. And some things I had tried to work into other bands I had been in, but none of it had worked until I sat down and made it Warning Light music. Go figure.

With work on Further On completed in late April, I've finally moved on to other music. My hope is to continue in the relatively "pop drone" vein of Further On (hopefully containing a tad more collaboration with other sound artists) with another full length while pursuing new ideas in the "pure atmosphere drone" realm on some new CDrs.

No comments: